The Bible clearly explains the principle of giving. Money is just one way to show our support and commitment to the work and ministry of the church to which we belong.
Here at Waypoint Church we want to demonstrate radical, sacrificial, Spirit led generosity.
We believe that providing the church with the resources to do things well allows us to keep pace with where the Lord is leading us, whilst also reflecting God’s generosity. By giving away and meeting the needs of others, we can look and reach beyond ourselves.
Our principals of giving
- It’s important to God what we do with our money. “Just as you excel in everything else… in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness…see that you also excel in the grace of giving” (2 Corinthians 8:7)
- Giving a proportion of our income to finance the work of the church is an important part of our commitment and something the Bible teaches very clearly. "… every Lord’s Day…you should put aside some amount of money in relation to what you have earned and save it for this offering…” (1 Corinthians 16:2)
- Give willingly. “For if the willingness is there, your gift is acceptable according to what you have, not according to what you don’t have.” (2 Corinthians 8:12).
- Give joyfully. "Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:7).
- Give generously. “They gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service…” (2 Corinthians 8:3-4).
- Give expectantly. “Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly; and whoever sows generously will reap generously... And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” (2 Corinthians 9:6, 8).
How do I start to financially support the ministry of Waypoint Church?
You can pick up the Giving Leaflet on the welcome desk during a Church service or download a copy here. This contains further information on giving and a Gift Aid declaration form. If you have any questions please contact us.
Though we would recommend giving by standing order/faster payments, as this makes Gift Aiding much easier; we do have a collection box on our welcome table during Sunday gatherings.